Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back again!

I have been off the blogospere for a while; I took a vacation. I had very limited access to the Internet, so I have been unable to both blog and read the many blogs I generally frequent.

And as soon as I log in to my Blog reader, I am stricken with a sense of panic. All the admission deadlines are out. The essay topics have been analysed, discussed, drafts written. I feel left behind! There is much to catch up on! I need to get my applications back on track.

But I do not regret the time off. It gave me an opportunity to look at my life and my past and really figure out what are the moments in my life that have defined me. I am sure that insight would help me during my essay writing... when I finally get to it.

I was also able to discuss the application process with one of my recommenders. Giving them a perspective about this admission process is also important, especially in a situation like mine, where the recommenders are but slightly acquainted with the US application process. I was happy to meet and discuss the aspects of the admission process as well as the expectations of the adcom from a recommender in the application process. And that set my mind partly at ease. I am wondering whether I should give my recommenders the links to my blog as well. I do not want to be constrained while writing the blog; but I believe my professional recommenders might find my personal and MBA blog a rather interesting read. I just need to decide what to share and what not.

I need to organize my thoughts and get started as soon as possible. I hope I can write about my Stanford School visit in my next post.

Well, it's going to be a long ride... I hope it would be worthwhile at the end of it ! Here's wishing the entire "app"ing community a wonderful experience and all the very best!

2 comments:

Janet Nakano said...

hi seagull,
you seem to be right on track! you have the perfect amount of time left to get cracking on the application. best of luck!

Janet

Charu said...

It would be good idea to give link of your blogs to your recommenders..That way they can see your progress...Which other schools did u visit apart from Stanford ?