Monday, July 21, 2008

From "Applicant" to "Admit" to "Student"

I had started this blog with the intention of updating it through the admissions process, but sad to say, the intentions remained...just "intentions". It was a gruelling and complex maze of applications and interviews and waitlists and then the final big "moment" -- the ADMIT! I think the journey taught me more about myself than I could have thought possible ( for a person who thinks she knows herself rather better than average!). And I will forever remember the moment when I got my admit and realised.... I am going to Duke !!!

And so the status changes-- from applicant to admit, to a couple of days away from "Student" at the Fuqua School of Business in Durham, North Carolina. For the last couple of weeks, I have been just getting my place together with my roommate, agonizing over the finances (the missing paycheck syndrome!), getting to know the people in my class and doing the pre-term readings and assignments ( more accurately, trying to do the pre-terms-- since I am nowhere near done with any of it!!). Orientation begins on Friday-- and I have not yet figured out whether I am more panicked or excited. Definitely a heady mixture of both!

I hope I do blog more regularly this time! Everyone has been smiling that knowing smile and telling us that first year is going to pretty much wear us out... On the other hand ;-) -- what better stress buster that dumping it all on the unsuspecting random reader who chances upon this blog? If you are reading this and still playing with the idea of doing an MBA -- well, I suggest you proceed with caution! I am in no way responsible for what this does to your psyche. The opinion of a sleep deprived, stressed out first year at 2 AM in the morning may not be the best input for any prospective MBA!

Fuqua... here comes the class of 2010!

No comments: